By Todd Goldmeyer
You’re a hardworking construction professional with a busy schedule and a truck chocked full of expensive equipment. Your time is valuable, but you know the importance of streamlining your day so that you can be as efficient as possible. Fortunately, there are now a wide variety of effective and industry-specific vehicle upfit packages available that can help you increase your productivity.
Benefits of Upfits
There are several ways an upfit package can benefit you and your business:
- Organization – Have you ever been in this situation? You’re working hard and realize you need a specific tool to complete a job. You race to your vehicle and find yourself confronted with that unorganized pile of tools. To find the tool you need, you have to wade through the mess. You do ultimately find what you need, but think about how much time you just wasted! With a specialized upfit package, you can eliminate time wasted due to lack of organization. Upfits can include drawers, shelving and toolboxes that will keep your equipment exactly where you want it.
- Increased safety – Not only does storing your tools loose disrupt efficient organization, it can also be dangerous. When you’re driving through heavy city traffic, quick stops are frequent, and having unsecured, heavy equipment can cause unnecessary injury to both your tools and you. An upfit can help to keep your tools securely stored in the back of your work vehicle. You can ensure additional safety by investing in upfit partitions, which keep the storage space and cab of your van safely separated.
- Increased savings – Your tools are some of your most valuable investments. In the construction industry, the equipment you use to get the job done costs a lot of money and it needs to be properly protected to avoid damage. Upfit packages not only keep your tools safe, they also help eliminate the loss of money due to being slowed down by disorganization.
What goes into an upfit is up to you! Some of the most common products that are featured in upfits for construction professionals include:
- Ladder racks – Ladder racks keep those bulky ladders safe and secure on the roof of your vehicle during transportation. Various types of ladder racks are available including basic utility racks, lockable racks and drop-down ladder racks.
- Partitions – Like mentioned above, partitions form a barrier between the cab area of a vehicle and the cargo area to prevent injury from airborne equipment. Partitions also help to improve climate control in the cab and also provide a great space for organizational accessories.
- Shelving and drawers – Van shelving allows construction professionals to store their expensive equipment off the floor and in designated spaces throughout the vehicle. Van storage helps to keep the vehicle clean and organized, which improves efficiency.
Todd Goldmeyer is the marketing manager at Adrian Steel Company. To learn more about how an upfit for your work truck or van can increase organization for your construction business, contact Adrian Steel.